support us trusts & foundations
NYO is supported by a committed group of Trusts and Foundations which provide an invaluable source of income for the orchestra allowing it to consistently fulfil its role as Britain’s most inspirational orchestra for young people.
Funding from these Trusts and Foundations:
• enables us to continue to provide an outstanding musical training programme for exceptional young musicians across Great Britain
• allows the NYO to work with world class musicians, soloists and conductors
• provides the opportunity for the orchestra to perform in the UK’s leading performance venues such as The Royal Albert Hall, Symphony Hall Birmingham and The Sage Gateshead
• provides financial support in the form of bursaries to young people who may not otherwise be able to afford the fees
• helps to raise the profile of the orchestra and reach out to wider and younger audiences
• ensures artistic excellence and produces Britain’s next generation of professional musicians
• allows NYO to deliver its outreach programme to young people nationwide ensuring its work is as far-reaching as possible
• provides a unique training opportunity for young composers through the delivery of NYO’s composers’ course: Creative Hub.
Everyone at NYO is incredibly grateful for the generous support it receives from these Trusts and Foundations. Amongst others, NYO is supported by The Paul Hamlyn Foundation, The Leverhulme Trust, The Headley Trust. The Wolfson Foundation, JP Getty Charitable Trust and Musicians Benevolent Fund.
“The Leverhulme Trust has supported training and performance activities at the NYO for a number of years, thereby establishing an excellent relationship with one of the country’s most inspirational arts training organisations. The NYO’s ability to consistently provide the highest calibre training to its students is commendable and wholly consonant with the Trust’s aspirations to support individuals pursuing significant research and educational projects where the outcome can, in the broadest sense, benefit the community.” Dr Anne Dean, Assistant Director, The Leverhulme Trust
For more information on Trust and Foundation support, contact Rea Mole, Trusts and Foundations Manager on 020 7759 1880 or